Crypto.com is a crypto exchange that supports trading, investing, staking, and more. This Crypto.com exchange review is an up-to-date, detailed analysis of Crypto.com, containing everything you need to know about Crypto.com and whether it’s the right exchange for you.
Let’s ride on!
Crypto.com was founded in Hong Kong in June 2016, and the Crypto.com Exchange followed three years later. The platform’s headquarters are in Singapore, and it has over 70 million customers in over 200 countries.
Kris Marszalek, Gary Or, Rafael Melo, and Bobby Bao co-founded the Singapore-based crypto and payments platform “Monaco.” The project was renamed Crypto.com in 2018. Foris DAX Asia operates the company, which is owned by Foris DAX Markets, Inc.
The company provides a variety of products to its customers, including a mobile app, a Crypto.com Visa card, a mobile wallet, Crypto.com Earn, Crypto.com Pay, Crypto.com NFT, and Crypto.com Credit.
Spot trading, margin trading, and derivatives trading are all available on the centralized exchange (CEX). Crypto.com also provides DeFi products, such as a DeFi wallet, and an ecosystem powered by its native token, Cronos, on the Crypto.org chain (CRO).
crypto.com exchange review: What is Crypto.com?
Crypto.com is a well-known cryptocurrency exchange that accepts a variety of crypto assets and blockchain-related products. Users can buy, sell, and trade a wide range of currencies while paying relatively low trading fees.
The company also provides cryptocurrency credit cards, a decentralized exchange, a standalone crypto wallet, and an NFT marketplace. Users can also earn up to 14.5% interest on their cryptocurrency by staking it or keeping it in a Crypto.com wallet for a set period of time. In addition, the platform supports over 250 different currencies and allows users to trade cryptocurrency futures.
crypto.com exchange review: Pros and Cons of Crypto.com
- Supports over 250 Cryptos: Crypto.com supports a wide range of cryptocurrencies and assets. This helps to accommodate and widen investors’ options. Some of the popular cryptos include Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Dogecoin (DOGE), and Polkadot (DOT), amongst others.
- User-Friendly Interface: If you are just starting out you’ll need to look out for an exchange with a beginner-friendly interface to ease your trading journey. Most users have praised Crypto.com for their user-friendly and attractive interface.
- Ability to earn: If you’re an investor looking to not only trade cryptocurrencies but also earn on your cryptos, you can with Crypto.com. It has a pool of options for earning like staking, lending, Borrowing, and more. This gives you the ability to monetize your crypto assets without selling them.
- Low Fees: In this crypto.com review, you will learn that depositing cash into your Crypto.com account either through a wire transfer or bank transfer requires no fees at all. This exchange allows users to sell and buy crypto at a genuine cost
- Not yet available in all markets: Crypto.com assets in some regions like in the U.S., not all the coins are available in all US states; 40 coins are not available in the US at all, and a further 35 are not available in every state.
- Poor Customer Support: Users have shared online that Crypto.com offers slow and low-quality customer support responses.
crypto.com exchange review: How Crypto.com Works
Crypto.com is accessible via mobile apps as well as desktop computers. To begin, register on the official website of Crypto.com to open an account and verify your identity. Trade can take place in two ways: via its DEFI wallet or via its exchange. In the case of the DeFi wallet, the decentralized exchange facilitates the exchange of cryptocurrency with other users.
This route provides complete control over the private keys, but a higher fee is required for a faster DeFi swap. However, if you use an exchange for crypto trading, you will be charged a low trading fee. The official website provides comprehensive information on all Crypto products.
Crypto.com Supported Countries
Crypto.com is currently available in the majority of countries. Countries supported by the Crypto.com exchange include the United States, Europe, Canada, Australia, Russia, Latin American countries, and some Asian and African states. However, its VISA card is accepted in Singapore, the United States, Canada, Asia Pacific countries, and the European Union.
Not all of the coins are available in every state in the United States; for example, 40 coins are not available in the United States at all, and another 35 are not available in every state. Crypto.com is constantly working to expand its services and obtain regulatory approval to be present in more countries and issue VISA cards. The exchange has a number of global restrictions, which are detailed on the official website.
Crypto.com Wallet review
The Crypto.com DeFi Wallet is non-custodial, which means that you have full control of your private keys. You can send crypto to anyone at your preferred confirmation speed plus the network fee.
You can check out this article on How Crypto Wallet works
The Crypto.com wallet is a non-custodial wallet that gives you access to a full suite of DeFi services in one place, with the ability to:
- Earn: Earn rebates on over 25 tokens, including CRO, VVS, TONIC, ATOM, and a host of stablecoins. Enjoy great returns with flexible terms.
- Browse DApps: Explore the most popular DApps seamlessly from within the Crypto.com wallet app. Seamlessly connect with, swap, farm, and mine on the hottest DeFi protocols, like Uniswap, PancakeSwap, SushiSwap, etc.
- Deposit NFTs: Easily view your NFTs, share them on social media, and learn all about their rare traits. NFTs in multiple formats across various blockchains are also supported.
- Swap: Swap 1000+ tokens across multiple chains, including Ethereum, Cronos, Cosmos, and more. Migrate assets between different chains and Cronos with the in-app bridging feature.
- Store: Gain full control over your crypto and your keys. Easily manage over 1000 tokens across 30+ blockchains, including Cronos, Crypto.org Chain, and Ethereum. Import your existing wallet seamlessly with a 12/18/24-word recovery phrase.
- Send: Send crypto at your preferred confirmation speed and the network fee. Crypto.com ETH Gas Meter gives you real-time updates on gas fees and transaction speeds.
- Wallet Extension: Seamlessly connect your DeFi Wallet App to a desktop browser. Seamlessly connect your DeFi Wallet App to a desktop browser. Send and receive crypto, view balances, and easily confirm DApp transactions. All this without having to switch devices.
- DeFi Desktop Wallet: Restore your DeFi Wallet with a 12-words recovery phrase. Access advanced features, like governance, and more. Manage Ledger assets on Desktop easily.
Crypto.com Token (CRO) is the native cryptocurrency token of Cronos Chain, a decentralized, open-source blockchain developed by the Crypto.com payment, trading, and financial services company.
Cronos Chain is one of the solutions offered by Crypto.com that are intended to hasten the adoption of cryptocurrencies as a means of enhancing individual control over financial resources, protecting user data, and preserving user identities. The main purpose of the CRO blockchain is to power the Crypto.com Pay mobile payments app.
According to coinmarketcap, the live Cronos price today is $0.061719 USD with a 24-hour trading volume of $17,032,392 USD. The current Crypto.com ranking is number 28, with a live market cap of $1,559,201,571 USD. It has a circulating supply of 25,263,013,692 CRO coins and a maximum supply of 30,263,013,692 CRO coins.
Overall, CRO serves as a tool that propels Crypto.com’s mission to broaden cryptocurrency adoption on a global scale. In the future, Crypto.com plans to expand the reach of the CRO platform to power its other products as well.
Non-fungible tokens, or NFTs, refer to the class of crypto assets where every token or item is completely unique. This actually makes the tokens useless as currencies, but they are useful in other ways, like crypto art. Every non-fungible token is exclusive, so they are irreplaceable.
Crypto.com’s NFT is the sole NFT market that is completely based on the Crypto blockchain. This is one of the best products ever created by Crypto.com. Users can search for curated collectibles that can be converted to NFTs. It’s worth mentioning that the exchange works with many popular artists, creators, and brands.
Staking is the process of locking up crypto coins for a set period of time in order to earn interest on those coins. The staking rate varies according to the duration of the coins staked. The higher the CRO you stake on your Crypto.com account, the higher the discount rates. Furthermore, if you stake more than 500,000, you could earn an additional 2% on your stake.
The Crypto.com Visa cards are the main product and selling point of the platform. They are accessible in a number of countries, including Singapore, APAC, the US (with the exception of the state of New York), Canada, the UK, and some EU nations.
Crypto.com exchange review: How Crypto.com card works
Crypto.com provides various card plans. The Midnight Blue card, which is free and offers 1% cashback in CRO on all transactions, is the most basic option. It also includes $200 in free ATM withdrawals per month and $2,000 in free foreign exchange transactions per month.
The Ruby Steel card provides 2% cashback and $400 in free ATM withdrawals, as well as a 100% Spotify discount. To obtain this card, you must stake $400 in CRO tokens on Crypto.com. This is not a sunk cost, as it is at traditional banks. To cancel the card, you must unstake the money and receive it back.
Premium cards are also available on Crypto.com. Its Royal Indigo and Jade Green cards require $4,000 in staked CRO and offer 3% cashback as well as other benefits such as Spotify and Netflix discounts, as well as airport lounge access. The Icy White/Frosted Rose Gold and Obsidian cards are the most expensive, requiring $40,000 and $400,000 in staked coins, respectively. They offer cashback of 5% and 8%, as well as other perks; however, most customers will avoid the high staking requirements.
Crypto.com Supported Cryptocurrencies
Crypto.com supports a pool of cryptocurrencies—over 250 for trading, swapping, and more. The table below displays some of the popular cryptos and their pairs.
Crypto.com Supported Fiat Currencies
Crypto.com supports over 20 fiat currencies. Some of them include:
- ZAR and more!
Crypto.com exchange review: Crypto.com Sign up
To begin, visit Crypto.com and click on the “Sign Up” button in the upper right-hand corner.
Follow the on-screen instructions and provide the necessary information. You can input a Crypto.com referral code if you have one. Then you’re required to tick both boxes, as seen in the screenshot below, and click “Create account.”
Note: If your country is unsupported, on the next page you’ll get the below response “Your country is in an unsupported jurisdiction.”
Now you’ll need to verify your email. A verification containing a one-time password (OTP) will be sent to your registered email. Input the code in the required field on the website and click on “Verify.”
Note: If you didn’t receive the code, click on “Resend OTP.”
The last step is to verify your phone number. Select the area code of your country using the dropdown, then input your phone number (without the area code). You will be sent an SMS verification code to enter. Input the code you receive into the field, then click “Verify.”
Crypto.com exchange review: Crypto.com KYC
After successfully signing up, you can interact on Crypto.com without KYC, but this puts your account on a limit. So to unlock all limitations on your account, you can complete the KYC procedure and begin exploring all of Crypto.com.
Click “Continue.” and on the next page, click “Next.” Then choose your country and select your ID type.
Note: Now you have two options. Either use your PC webcam to take a picture of your ID, front and back, by clicking on “Take photo using Webcam”, or you can switch to your mobile device, by clicking on “Continue on Mobile”, then input your Gmail, and a link will be sent to your mobile to continue the verification from there.
After uploading the front and back of your ID, you click on “Start” to commence face verification. All you need to do is take a selfie with Crypto.com and write your date of registration on a piece of paper along with your ID or DL.
Note: Congratulations! You’re done. You will be notified by email once your verification is complete. Now you can input your Crypto.com sign-in details and begin to explore all of Crypto.com.
Crypto.com exchange review: Crypto.com Fees
The maker-taker fee model is employed by Crypto.com, like many other cryptocurrency exchange platforms. If your order increases liquidity, you pay a maker fee; if there is no matching order or if your order decreases liquidity because it matches an order that is already in the system, you pay a taker fee.
You can check out this great article on Crypto Order Book Explained.
The Crypto.com Exchange charges commissions for withdrawals and trades. The trading fees are based on your 30-day trading volume, and you receive bigger discounts as your trading volume rises.
Additionally, you have the choice to stake CRO tokens and pay trading commissions using CRO. The greater your CRO stake, the greater your trading discount. You will also earn 10% p.a. on your CRO stake as a bonus. To earn trading fee rebates, simply stake at least 5,000 CRO and pass KYC verification.
- Trading fees are charged (positive fee%) or rebated (negative fee%) on every successful transaction.
- To enjoy these exclusive trading fee benefits, you must stake CRO on the Crypto.com Exchange.
- Trading fee benefits are granted in the form of discounted fees, 0% maker fees, and maker fee rebates depending on the amount of CRO staked.
- Trading fee rates on User accounts are updated accordingly every 1 hour following evaluation of Users’ Trading Volume, Maker Activity, and amount of CRO staked.
- If Forced Liquidation occurs, an additional liquidation fee of 0.5% will be charged.
Crypto.com Trading Fees (spot & margin)
Crypto.com Trading Fees (Derivatives)
Crypto.com VIP Trading Fees (spot & margin)
Crypto.com VIP Trading Fees (Derivatives)
Crypto.com Withdrawal Fees
Crypto.com withdrawal fees vary for different cryptocurrencies as seen in the image below
Crypto.com exchange review: How to transfer from Crypto.com to bank
You follow the same process as when you want to withdraw money from Crypto.com:
- Open your Crypto.com app.
- Link the bank account you wish to withdraw money to.
- Click on “Transfer.”
- Select “Withdraw” in the pop-up.
- Select “Fiat” in the following pop-up to withdraw in fiat.
- Select “Withdraw Fiat to your bank account.”
- Choose your desired currency and enter the withdrawal amount:
- Click “Withdraw” and wait for your money to arrive.
Crypto.com Customer Service
Every trader using Crypto.com has full access to its customer support system throughout the year. Additionally, the exchange platform can also be reached using several social media platforms. Crypto.com customer service number is 888-824-8817 and users may contact customer support which is available 24 hours a day, for any queries.
Crypto.com App review
Crypto.com Exchange has a mobile app built for both beginners and professionals alike. It is a simple-to-use application with an intelligent and intuitive user interface, making it a highly effective tool that combines all of the characteristics of modern centralized cryptocurrency exchanges into one platform plus more.
The Crypto.com app has over 10,000,000 downloads on the Google Play Store. It is also built with support for Android and iOS users. Crypto.com products that can be accessed within the app include:
- Buy and Sell: Buy and sell over 250 cryptocurrencies at true cost using over 20 fiat currencies. Pay the lowest fees when you purchase with a credit/debit card or bank transfer.
- Ability to earn: You can get the most out of your assets, safely with over 37 cryptocurrencies and stablecoins available for staking. You can stake and earn up to 14.5% on your crypto.
- Pay: Apply for a Crypto.com Visa Card and enjoy up to 5% back on spending, paid in CRO. Shop with Crypto.com Pay and receive up to 10% back, paid in CRO.
- Track: The app gives you the ability to track your cryptos on the go. Track over 250 cryptocurrencies by setting up Price Alerts and Price Movement Alerts.
- Credit: This gives you the ability to monetize your crypto assets without selling them. By depositing crypto, you get an instant loan and pay it back on your own schedule and enjoy even lower annual interest when you stake CRO.
- Send: Send crypto to Crypto.com App users instantly with no fees attached. You can also withdraw your cryptocurrencies to external addresses with a small fixed fee.
The Crypto.com app has also accumulated a pool of mixed user reviews on its app with a 4.2 ⭐ rating. Below are some of the reviews from users of the Crypto.com app.
Crypto.com review reddit
These Crypto.com exchange reviews include both positive and negative feedback from Crypto.com exchange users. Below are some of the top Crypto.com Reddit reviews from its users.
“Crypto.com is stealing from their customers, there are hundreds of reviews across the internet describing these situations. I made the mistake of using crypto.com to buy a shitcoin and regret ever using their platform, even though I made a profit. It was easy to use but that’s how they rope you in. I should have read the reviews before joining but I had a touch of fomo.
My issues with crypto.com is the huge spread in crypto prices compared to other platforms. The price to buy a crypto is always higher on crypto.com then other platforms and lower than other platforms when you sell. They also claim fiat withdrawals only take 5 days, this is a lie. It’s been over a week (business days) and I haven’t seen my money yet.
I’m putting this out there for anyone who might consider using their service to invest or trade crypto. Read the reviews before joining crypto.com“
“It’s very simple. The app is more of a place to hodl and earn interest in your coins with the ability for quick selling and buying. I’m getting 12% on my stablecoins 6.5 on bitcoin and 10 on my CRO all in one place. And I can easily top up my card and spend it withdraw for cash or bank account. Beats every other exchange i can see by miles“
Crypto.com exchange review: Is Crypto.com Safe?
Crypto.com is a secure platform that follows a number of security guidelines to guarantee that user funds are kept private. It holds several security certifications, like SOC2 Type 1 Compliance, PCI: DSS 3.2.1 Level 1 Compliance, ISO/IEC 27001:2013, ISO/IEC 27701:2019, ISO 22301:2019, and the Singapore Data Protection Trust Mark.
Additionally, user funds are always kept in cold storage, making them immune to hacking. In the event of a loss of funds, the platform also uses a cold wallet insurance fund. It has a $100 million direct insurance policy at Lloyd’s Syndicate 2012, underwritten by Arch Underwriting.
You can check out this great article on Crypto Cold Storage Explained.
To keep the site functioning properly, hot wallets are only used to store company funds. On top of that, US citizens benefit from $250,000 of insurance on their funds from the FDIC.
Along with 2FA authentication, Crypto.com uses firewalls and other infrastructure security measures provided by Amazon Web Services, including automatic traffic encryption. However, a Crypto.com hack occurred, and $34 million was stolen as a result of a 2FA breach.
Since then, the company has announced its Worldwide Account Protection Program (WAPP), under which qualified users may recover up to $250,000 in unapproved withdrawals, and it plans to replace 2FA with “multi-factor authentication.”
crypto.com exchange review: Conclusion
Crypto.com is a good choice for cryptocurrency traders looking for a platform with an extensive list of supported currencies. It’s best for people who feel confident managing a financial account through a mobile app and may be ideal for those with intermediate cryptocurrency knowledge and experience.
Its suites of products and services that can be accessed via the mobile app include DeFi Swap, Crypto Wallet, Exchange, Earn, Lending, and Staking, and it provides 100% cold storage security.
All these features make Crypto.com an exceptional one-stop shop for all top crypto exchanges. Although customer service isn’t a strong suit for Crypto.com, while getting on board, plan on a primarily self-service future.