Network Baseline Model

The network baseline model is Filecoin’s token minting schedule, which is linked to the protocol’s storage capacity growth. While tokens are only minted through block rewards, 70% of rewards are distributed in proportion to the network’s total storage capacity growth. The remaining 30% of rewards are distributed using an exponential decay model, in which block rewards are highest at the start of the protocol and decrease over time.